|10-25° tilted bulkhead||BLACK||Red||64418|
|10-25° tilted bulkhead||BLACK||Black||64422|
|10-25° tilted bulkhead||WHITE||Red||64419|
|10-25° tilted bulkhead||WHITE||White||64424|
WORLD balance, around the world with one single compass.
Double-dip compass designed to operate accurately in both Northern and Southern hemispheres.
Double reading : from cockpit and cabin sides.
Card : vertical and horizontal graduation so that course reading is equally easy, no matter whether you steer sitting or standing.
3 lubber lines for dependable readings even when steering windward
|Boat size||Sailboats 9 m and above (30 ft +)|
|Double reading||From cockpit and cabin.|
Double graduation : horizontal and vertical.
|Mounting||Comes as standard in a bulkhead version (vertical or 10-25° inclined bulkhead).
Can be mast-mounted with the addition of optional mast-mounting kit.
|Lubber lines||3 lubber lines, at 45°.|
|Heelmeter||Graduated every 10°.|
|Lighting||12-24 V LED.|
|Supplied with||Protection cover, drilling template, back flange for neat installation from cabin side|
|Homologation||ISO 25862 compliant|
Assembly is totally watertight
• Exclusive installation design allows the compass to fit any bulkhead, vertical or inclined up to 25° front tilt (either by screwing from cockpit side, or by screwing from the cabin side, as anti-theft security.
• Fits any bulkhead thickness :
- Regular bulkhead thickness (up to 40 mm) : compass is secured with threaded rods.
- Thick or double bulkhead : compass is secured with screws on both sides of the bulkhead.
Supplied with black flange for neat installation from cabin side.
• All parts fully UV-ray treated.
• Scratch resistant dome.
Simply swap them without any new hole, and without any tooling : the Contest 101 has the same mounting footprint as the Contest 100 .
Every compass card is balanced manually to ensure its perfect horizontality.
This is an extremely delicate operation, requiring patient and scrupulous craftsmanship which only years of experience can bring.
Technical documentation & diagrams
- Contest 101 - technical zooms Download
Plastimo tips & tricks
The model for inclined bulkhead is designed for a bulkhead tilted by 10 to 25° from vertical.
The card remains fully efficient, even with a very high angle of pitch..