• Display :
- green LED :power on - gas <500 ppm*
- yellow LED :low alarm - gas >500 ppm*
- red LED :high alarm - gas >2.000 ppm*.
• Power consumption : DC 600 mW.
• Operating temperature :-10°C to +50°C.
• Humidity: 95 % RH max.
• Battery size: 1.5 V x 2 (AA Alkaline).
• Dimensions: 188 mm x Ø 30 mm.
• Weight : 110 g.
*concentration in the air : Particules Per Million.
Plastimo tips & tricks
Completely odourless and colourless, carbon monoxide (CO) is produced by the combustion of fuels, therefore common with appliances such as heater, cooker, engine exhaust... Symptoms start with a simple headache, reach nausea within 2 or 3 hours, and can result in death after only 1 to 3 minutes in the worst cases.
What makes carbon monoxide such an insidious killer is that you can't see it, and you can't smell it.
Besides, the first symptoms of CO poisoning are very similar to those of seasickness :
• 200 ppm* : headache, tiredness, dizziness, nausea within 2 to 3 hours.
• 800 ppm *: dizziness, nausea and convulsions within 45 minutes ; unconsciousness within 2 hours ; death within 2 to 3 hours.
• 1600 ppm* : headache, dizziness and nausea within 20 minutes ; death within 1 hour.
• 6400 ppm* : headache, dizziness and nausea within 2 to 3 minutes ; death within 10 to 15 minutes.
• 12800 ppm* :death within 1 to 3 minutes.
* Concentration in the air : parts per million.