|Inflatable IOR dan buoy, yellow canister||63455|
|Inflatable IOR dan buoy, white canister||61073|
Dan buoy pole
Yellow nylon, polyurethane coated.
Height above water (inflated pole) : 1.98 m.
- adjustable webbing sling seat for man-over-board to rest on,
- grab handle,
- 0.75 cd automatically activated light, 8-hour battery life,
- red and yellow flag (32 x 20 cm),
- retro-reflective tapes (200 cm²),
- signalling whistle,
- rigid ballast with V-shaped batten structure, acting like a keel for optimum stability,
- drogue anchor (28 x 28 cm) to help resist drifting.
Torpedo-shaped canister in ABS plastic, height 49 cm x Ø 13 cm.
Weight : 3.8 kg.
Webbing sling seat and grab loop.
Technical documentation & diagrams
- Dan buoy manual Download
Plastimo tips & tricks
Checking and servicing your inflatable dan buoy or lifebuoy.
To ensure that your inflatable Dan buoy or lifebuoy is fully operational when needed, we strongly recommend that you check them and have them serviced at regular intervals.
- Before putting off to sea, you can easily inspect their general condition visually, by checking the main components (container, inflatable chamber, retro-reflecting tapes, CO2 gas cylinder -check that the cylinder is tightly screwed-, firing head, safety light -check the date of the light-). Replace the re-arming kit if necessary.
- A complete servicing session conducted at regular intervals includes checking the inflation system and the airtightness of the chamber.
Plastimo recommends to have one spare kit for each dan buoy and lifebuoy on board.
Additional equipment required by ISAF standards
Besides dan buoy and lighting, ISAF equipment includes :
- 1 horseshoe lifebuoy.
- 1 dye marker (ref. 38861).
- 1 small drogue anchor (ref. 25354) and line.
- 1 whistle (ref. 16303).
The ISAF regulation stipulates that when at sea, the dan buoy must be either fully extended or, in the case of an inflatable model, deployed in less than 20 seconds.