- 5 W power output. 156-163.425 MHz frequencies.
- 12-hour runtime (assuming 5 % transmit, 5 % receive, 90 % watch).
- 1750 mA Li-ion battery
- Dual and triple watch
- 10-channel weather function
- Instant access to Channel 16 and programmable favourite channels
- ATIS mode for inland waters
- Micro-B USB charger
- Large backlit LCD display (35 x 25 mm)
- Large user-friendly backlit keys
- External speaker-mic conneciton (optional mic)
- Operating temperature : -15° to +55°C
- Weight : 220 g (battery, antenna and belt clip included)
- SAR : 0.897 W/kg (Head & Trunc) / 2.77 W/kg (Limbs)
Supplied complete with Integrated Li-ion battery, cigarette lighter charger with micro-B USB cable, hand lanyard and belt clip.
Water draining function : helps evacuate the water from the loudspeaker. Turns ON automatically when VHF is retrieved from the water.
IPX7 protection rating : protected against water submersion at 1 m depth for 30 minutes.
(only if jack for external mic is tightly screwed and USB charger cover is snapped closed)..
(IP = Ingress Protection)
Technical documentation & diagrams
- Notice VHF SX400 Download
Plastimo tips & tricks
Handheld VHF : Safety first !
In some countries, it is compulsory to have a handheld VHF on board as integral part of the safety equipment.
Plastimo recommends to have a handheld VHF on board when marina shuttling in an inflatable tender, when powercruising -even close to shore- on a RIB or dayboat, or as the ultimate easy communication instrument to upgrade your grab bag emergency array.